Friday, January 1, 2010

Introduction

You can call me PPC.  I'm not a nutritionist, doctor, fitness expert, or chef.  I'm just a busy wife and mom who works full time and tries to keep her family healthy.

I know a lot of people who say they want to eat healthier but they  A) don't know how to cook, B) don't know anything about food, C) don't have time to cook, and D) think they can't afford to eat better.  So I came up with a (gentle) boot camp series of blog posts to see if I could help out even a little bit.  I'm not terribly happy with the first version so I'm rewriting everything.

When you look at a cookbook, online recipes, magazine and newspaper articles, and TV reports about how we're all fat, lazy, and killing ourselves with processed food, it's easy to get overwhelmed and just go right back to that box of mac and cheese in the cupboard.  We all have to start somewhere when it comes to cooking.  I'm a big fan of the Couch to 5K running program which does exactly what it implies -- 9 weeks of baby steps to get anyone running a 5K.  It's easy to say "I'll start tomorrow" to anything in life, but when it comes to your health let's face it -- there may not be a tomorrow for some people.  So why not change people's perceptions of cooking with real food through baby steps?

I don't want to throw around a whole ton of scientific articles and info about the nuts and bolts of nutrition.  This is a series of simple steps to tip the scale from mostly convenience food to mostly fresh food.

What you need:
A notebook, a blog, or a word processor document
... that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment